Chili Cook Off: Celebrating Aaron Baerwaldt
October 24 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
** Signup and Taster Tickets**
Join Lockwood Distilling co for our first Chili Cook Off in celebration of our friend and community memeber Aaron Baerwaldt. In his honor all proceeds will be donated to Richardson Methodist Medical Center. Live music! Raffle Items! Vendors! Costumes! So much chili!
October 24th, party kicks off at 12pm!
Sign up with your great grannys secret family recipie or get creative with a new take on an old classic. Anything goes for this chili cook off!
If cooking isn’t your thing, grab a taster ticket and help be the judge on our fan favorite chili cook off winner!
TASTER TICKET DETAILS:
$5 per person
Your tasting ticket will come with a wristband that entitles you to unlimited tasting in the cook off pavillion area as well as one vote per person for fan favorite recipie. Please stop by the check in table to pick up your wristband.
Picnic/Cowboy themed costumes welcomed and encouracged!
CHILI CHAMPION ENTRY DETAILS:
$20 per recipe entry
- 30 spots for chili cooks available at $20 per entry.
- set up begins at 10:30am, tasting begins at 12pm,
- Anything goes for recipies!!! Keep it classic, mix it up with turkey or get creative with jackfruit or beyond meat. Beans or no beans all chilli is welcome.
- Each chili cook will be expected to provide an 8 quart serving of their chili (welcome to bring more if desired)as well as any items they would like it to be served with (ie sour cream, cheese, fritos)
- We will be providing tasting cups that each cook can use to provide 1oz sample tastings.
- Tables will be provided but please bring all other items you need to operate. (i.e. power strips or extenstion cords, serving utensils, coolers)
- There will be no access to our kitchen so everything should be prepared at home and supplies needed for serving or retaining temperature should be brought from home (ie crock pots, chafing dishes, sternos etc)
- There will be a panel of three judges (TBA) judging for the Lockwood Chili Champion title. We will also allow tasters to each place one vote for their Fan Favorite Chili Champion.
Raffle tickets will be avaible for purchase at $5 per ticket. All proceeds will be donated to Richardson Methodist Medical Center as well. We will have a raffle table set up with a description of each donated item as well as a jar in which your raffle ticket can be placed. Attendees will be available to purchase and distribute between the items as they wish.
Items up for grabs so far:
- Whitening Trays donated by Marcie Bunch (Lakeshore Family Dental)
- 2lbs Homemade Fudge donated by Ellyn Golub
- $40 value Grazing Board donated by Ellyn Golub
- $25 Color Street GC donated by Ellyn Golub
- Shirodhara Treatment from Ayurvedic Practitioner donated Christina Vargas with SimpleVeda
- Salon Service donated by Heather Lawhon
- Amazon Gift Card donated by Shameka Young
Richardson Methodis Medical Center